Tuesday, October 23, 2007

By the Fathers! Quont hath asked yet another question!

Question 15 in the Never-ending Saga: What Drives Me Crazy

What things are most likely to to drive this one crazy
Or bonkers or stark raving mad?
Air fresheners scented with essence of daisy
When they're out of season.
There's really no reason.
This may sound like treason,
But I don't find them pleasin'
They smell most remarkably bad.

What things are most likely to drive this one crazy
Or whacko or way round the bend?
If my audience doesn't remember to praise me
I've got certain standards
They should wave my banners
(And not throw ba-nan-ers;
That's awfully bad manners.)
At least have the grace to pretend.

What things are most likely to drive this one crazy
Or nutty or over the edge?
Punctuation uncalled for; now that one just slays me.
What they've done to the tale:
Why, the narrative's pale.
And the story lacks breath.
It's been "comma'd" to death.
I'll, never, do, that, I, do, pledge,

3 comments:

ND/Botr said...

,,,Oh a poke at wee little oh windy me,,,I say you slay when you play the winds carry the music away.
The scent of daisies, hmm like cat pee oh no thats marigolds.

Morgan L Evans said...

I like marigolds...and I empty and clean the cat-box every week. No comparison.

Alys said...

(Laughs) I enjoy the smell of Cinnamon over flowers in my home scenting products. It makes me feel nice and cozy. Which I suppose is why I love to bake! Darnesha wants me to point out that her favorite scent is the rose/light musk smell of the anduilli flower.

As for cat Boxes, few things compare with that scent!!