Thursday, October 4, 2007

Uncle Quont's Question 12: Shocking!

The shocking-est thing that ever I did
I'd have you to understand
Occurred when I was no longer a kid
But not yet considered a man

'Twas back in the day when the color of grey
For the most part left my head alone
Back when my hairdo wore a dark ebon hue
No glimmer of white, it was black as the night
Like a shiny obsidian stone

Near the end of October a good friend stopped over
Exclaiming most hearty "Let's go to a party!"
And I swiftly agreed, for she had it well planned
That we'd dress ourselves up as a glitter rock band

So I spread in my hair a concoction most gooey
To lighten it, thinking I'd ape David Bowie
She told me 'twould wash away most easily
By applying shampoo maybe two times (or three)

Author's note on the party: A most righteous time was had by all!

Next day I shampooed, then I did it again
And I did it again and again and again
Then looked in the mirror and let out a "Yipes!"
The effect I'd achieved looked just like tiger stripes
With deep shades of black and the brightest of orange
(And we all know nothing rhymes with orange, but what the hell...)

Anyway

"In six weeks it'll wear out" she said, but she lied
For six long months I wore the do I'd applied
To the barber shop then with no least little doubt
It was now long enough for to cut the stripes out

Author's apology to those who may like striped hair: Sorry. Nothing wrong with it really, but it's just not me. Of course, it did attact a certain female a few months after the Halloween party who was fairly intrigued to find out what was wrong with this dude. She hung around long enough trying to figure it out that eventually she agreed to marry me. Next month we will have been together 30 years. So, me or no, shocking or no, I've no regrets. Peace.

6 comments:

Traesha/Kachinadoll said...

Aww, what a great story! Looks like being Tiger for a while sure worked out in your favor! My question is...do you have a springy tail? he he.

Heather said...

Wonderful tale, dear Canu! Cheers!

Morgan L Evans said...

A springy tail, Traesha? Why, whatever do you mean?

ND/Botr said...

Canu a tiger you say. Well now.....Congrats on the Anniversary too!

ND/Botr said...

Swirls in....Oh no ones home....laughs as a swirl of dust finds its way into the blog...Come out and play?

J.F. Posthumus said...

lol, the question I have is: Does your lady love call you a tiger to this day? ;-)

Sweet story, btw!